|Donate Online with a Credit/Debit card Click here|
Donate over the phone on:
Donate by post:
Ummah Welfare Trust (UWT) is a UK registered international relief and development charity. Established in the year 2001, UWT operates in over twenty countries across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. UWT aims to relieve the suffering of the poor and alleviate poverty across the world.
- UWT charitable expenditure is reviewed and monitored by scholars to ensure the Zakah, Sadaqah, Lillah and Interest funds are spent correctly.
- UWT is transparent and accountable and has a full audit trail from the donor to the beneficiary.
- UWT is fully committed to a 100% donations policy. There is no deduction for administration or fundraising purposes.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide water and sanitation facilities in the drought stricken areas.
- To provide basic food provisions for widows, orphans and families in need.
- To reconstruct Mosques and Education Centres and provide funds for their maintenance.
- To sponsor orphans and maintain their physical and spiritual upbringing.
- To provide sponsorship of families affected by conflicts and natural disasters.
- To provide relief and funds towards reconstruction of homes.
- To sponsor and assist the immigrants in the affected regions.
- To establish medical and rehabilitation clinics for the victims of war, oppression and drug abuse.
By the grace of Almighty Allah, UWT is committed, to ensure that every penny donated reaches its intended destination. Not a single penny is deducted for administration or fundraising costs. However, like any other organisation, administration costs are inevitable.
Administration Costs are Covered by:
- Donations specified for administration.
- Income generated from recycled clothes. UWT has a wide scale recycling scheme across the UK with over thirty clothing banks.
- Profits received from The Ummah Shops and charity shops.
- Tax reclaim on Gift Aid donations. The Gift Aid scheme allows donors to increase the value of their donation by 25%. This is a simple and effective way to assist the administration of the charity.